Oral Fluids testing has been used in the work place and insurance world for more than 10 years. It is now approved under PSI’s contract with DES/AYCF and is acceptable in court.
Oral Fluids testing is as accurate as urine testing and has many advantages:
- Nothing has been found to adulterate or dilute the sample.
- Oral fluids can be collected anytime, anywhere without the need for special collection facilities.
- For most drugs the detection window is 1 to 3 days, which is shorter than urinalysis. However, oral fluids detects recent drug use that urine testing can miss.
- Donors rinse their mouth and are observed during the 10 minutes before collection, therefore adulteration is impossible.
- The collection is done directly by the donor, which greatly reduces the sample’s exposure to the collection staff.
- Unlike urinalysis, collection is not prone to gender issue and it is a more dignified collection method: no embarrassment for the donor.
- The whole collection process takes about 5 minutes. Oral fluids detect the preferred drugs of abuse: Alcohol, Amphetamines, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Marijuana, Methadone, Opiates, Phencyclidine and Propoxyphene.
Oral fluid drug screens detect more recent drug and alcohol use, and are cost effective and easy to administer. Below are standard oral fluid panels we offer, along with the drugs detected.